11 February 2018
The bugfix release 2.0.3 fixes the issue #63 changing all the fields
i_binlog_position to bigint.
Previously binlog files larger than 2GB would cause an integer overflow during the phase of write rows in the PostgreSQL database.
The issue can affect also MySQL databases with smaller
max_binlog_size as it seems that this value is a soft limit.
As this change requires a replica catalogue upgrade is very important to follow the upgrade instructions provided below.
- If working via ssh is suggested to open a screen session
- Before the upgrade stop all the replica processes.
- Upgrade pg_chameleon with
pip install pg_chameleon --upgrade
- Run the upgrade command
chameleon upgrade_replica_schema --config <your_config>
- Start the replica processes
Please note that because the upgrade command will alter the data types with subsequent table rewrite. The process can take long time, in particular if the log tables are large. If working over a remote machine the best way to proceed is to run the command in a screen session.
This release fixes a regression introduced with the release 2.0.1.
When an alter table comes in the form of
ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN is in the form datatype DEFAULT (NOT) NULL the parser captures two words instead of one,
causing the replica process crash.
The speed of the initial cleanup, when the replica starts has been improved as now the delete runs only on the sources log tables instead of the parent table. This improvement is more effective when many sources are configured all togheter.
From this version the setup.py switches the psycopg2 requirement to using the psycopg2-binary which ensures that psycopg2 will install using the wheel package when available.
Changelog from v2.0.2
- fix regression added by commit 8c09ccb. when ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN is in the form datatype DEFAULT (NOT) NULL the parser captures two words instead of one
- Improve the speed of the cleanup on startup deleting only for the source’s log tables instead of the parent table
- fix for issue #63. change the field i_binlog_position to bigint in order to avoid an integer overflow error when the binlog is largher than 2 GB.
- change to psycopg2-binary in install_requires. This change will ensure the psycopg2 will install using the wheel package when available.
- add upgrade_catalogue_v20 for minor schema upgrades